Sunday, November 13, 2011

Homecoming at ONU

Yesterday, we took the kids to Homecoming at ONU.  We drove up for the football game and got to see the Tigers rally for their 5th win of the season.  It was an exciting game, and a great victory for a team that had seen no success over the past two seasons.  Congrats to my buddy Brian and his staff on a great season.  I was also able to visit with some friends and former teammates, which was nice.  The kids were a little worried about Toby the Tiger (the mascot) but were excited when the cheerleaders handed them little ONU footballs that doubled as shaking noisemakers.  All in all, it was a successful and fun time.  This fall, I've also realized that while I love coaching football, I don't really have the desire to do it for the foreseeable future.  In the right spot and with the right people, I would be open to it again, but I've had too much fun with Trisha and my kids this fall to jump back into coaching just to coach.  We've taken multiple short roadtrips, seen several football games and concerts, watched Lexi cheer, played a lot of Batman Lego the Video Game.  I wouldn't trade it for anything.
"Seriously, I have one year of eligibility left..."

Go Tigers!

Lexi and her see-through cheerleading trophy

No comments:

Post a Comment