Monday, March 28, 2011

A Visit with Friends

A little over a week ago, I had the chance to go see my brother at ONU.  Jeff was bringing a recruit back for a visit, so I took the opportunity to spend time with him while he was close.  What made it even more fun was that Brian Fish is now the head coach at ONU, so I got to hang out with an old roommate, too. 

I drove up Saturday morning and met Jeff during the recruiting visit.  We hung out and chatted during the campus tour and lunch.  Olivet's campus has changed a bunch since I left in 1999.  There is a beautiful new chapel that I mistook for a church.  There is a new building in the middle of the giant grass field that used to be between the central campus and the practice fields.  Gibson Hall is gone.  The varsity locker rooms are twice the size they used to be, due to the Bears having training camp at ONU.  There is a fitness center where the pool used to be.  There is also plans for a huge fitness center towards the back of the practice field area.

When the recruiting time was over (Michael committed), the four of us headed to Chicago.  We ate at Gino's East, and had a lot of fun telling old stories and catching up on new developments.  We wandered down to Navy Pier, and enjoyed the crisp, but nice, Chicago weather.  We headed back late and then crashed at Fish's house.  I then drove home Sunday morning so I would be back in time for Trisha to go to work.  All in all, it was a fun time, although a little brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment