Monday, June 20, 2011

Anniversary

Last week, Trisha and I celebrated our ninth anniversary.  On Sunday, we were able to have a date for the first time in a while.  We dropped the kids off at Tom and Donna's (with some help from Dianna) and headed to the movies.  We saw Green Lantern.  I thought it was pretty good.  It wasn't the best superhero movie I've seen, but it was fun and entertaining, with cool special effects (although I could have done without the 3-D, but more on that at another time).  Plus, it set up a sequel, if Hollywood allows it to happen.  We then went to dinner at Cheeseburger in Paradise.  I love the decor there and spending some time with Jimmy Buffett is good for my soul.  I had mango boneless chicken wings and chips, salsa, and guacamole.  The wings were awesome!  I highly recommend them.  (I was disappointed that the conch fritters weren't currently on the menu, though.  Those are amazing!)  Trisha and I were able to visit without all the chaos that comes from the whirlwinds that are our children.  We also watched Rory McElroy obliterate the US Open records and redeem himself from his choke at this year's Masters.  It's fun to watch someone who is the best at what they do.

This week is VBS at church.  Trisha is in charge of crafts and I'm one of her seven dwarf helpers.  The theme is PandaMania: Where God is Wild About You!  Please pray for all the people involved, particularly the kids.  This is a great opportunity for them to hear about, and hopefully experience, God's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment