Sunday, June 5, 2011

Summer is here!

Thus ends the first week of summer vacation.  We have had amazing weather so far, with temps in the high 80's and low 90's (95 on Saturday for a new record), but have been able to swim in Tom and Donna's pool and keep cool.  Lexi swims like a fish, and Cami and Griffin are doing okay, too.  The needed a couple of days to remember that they didn't really need arm floaties any more, but now they are jumping in and swimming by themselves. 

I started the week with some alone time (aka reading and watch movies time) because Trisha took the kids to hang out with their friends in Bargersville.  I watched 4 hours of Lord of the Rings, which is just awesome.  Plus, I saw the last 1/2 hour of the final episode of MASH.  Its one of my favorites; I love how BJ says goodbye to Hawkeye.  In addition, it's a great example of how to end a series and provide some measure of closure for the characters and viewers.

Tuesday was the end-of-the-year teacher day and Wednesday morning I had an English Dept. meeting, but now I'm finished.  I do plan to work on revamping my class, though, so I'll be keeping busy with a little school work.  Through a long and arduous set of circumstances, I find myself not coaching football for the first time in nearly 10 years.  I'm making the most of the extra time, hanging out with the family and reading.  The kids and I have already earned our free book from the public library's summer program, and they also earned a free book from Borders Books.  We've got lots of summer reading fun ahead of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment