Friday, December 23, 2011

Sherlock Holmes

Last winter, PBS showed three 90 episodes of the BBC's Sherlock tv show.  It takes Holmes and Watson and puts them in a modern setting, as opposed to the recent movies that kept them in their original time.  I watched two of the three episodes over the past couple of days thanks to DVDs from the library.  I've got to say, they were great.  The actors are fantastic and the stories ring true to traditional Sherlock Holmes mysteries.  The interaction between the two main actors is fantastic, reminding me a bit of Gus and Shawn from Psych, minus the pop culture references.  I highly recommend this if you can find it (it may be on youtube or another website).

My favorite line:  Policewoman (referring to Holmes), "He's a psychopath."
                          Holmes (in response), "That's high-functioning sociopath, please."

No comments:

Post a Comment