Friday, June 10, 2011

Book Revew - When God Created My Toes

When my oldest daughter was two or three, we had an interesting conversation one night during bath time.  As we were washing various body parts, she asked me what skin was for (or something like that).  I explained how it covered bones, muscles, etc.  She said, "And the yarn."  Not really understanding her, I nodded.  Again, she said, "And the yarn."  I asked what she meant and, as only a toddler can, she answered, "'Cause God knit us together in the womb."  Of course!  To this day, I'm still amazed how she connected the dots between hearing the Bible verses from Psalm 139:13-16, having a Grandma who knitted (with yarn), and our bodies being covered with skin.

Dandi Daley Mackall's new book, When God Created My Toes, opens with the aforementioned verses.  It's a fun little picture book about how God created us.  It has cute rhymes, pictures, and what look like a child's sketches. All in all, a nice book about the wonder of how God creates us.  It would have been real handy following the "yarn" conversation.

I would recommend this book to families with young children, and to yarn stores.

Don't forget to vote for the review!  http://waterbrookmultnomah.com/bloggingforbooks/reviews/view/9441

No comments:

Post a Comment