Sunday, October 16, 2011

Catch Up

Friday night, I journeyed to Lakeville, Indiana to see Mark coach at his new school, LaVille.  His team played hard and had their best game of the year, but unfortunately came up short.  My buddy, Scott Smith (another former coach and fellow teacher) went with me, and we had a good time hanging out.

Saturday saw Lexi's final football cheerleading game of the year, and it was cold and windy.  I think it's a good time to be finishing up.  We were watching the Reddy girls, so there were 7 kids around to keep track of.  After the game, Tom and Donna took us all to Dunkin' Donuts for some hot chocolate and donuts and I think we filled half the restaurant.

Saturday afternoon, Griffin and I headed over to Toys R Us.  It was a surprise for him because they were hosting a special Lego building event (it reminded me of the Home Depot kids' clinics).  Griffin and I picked out all the pieces we needed to make a complementary Rod "Torque" Redline car from Cars 2.  We then put it together before we left the store.  Griffin was thrilled, partially because he likes Cars, partially because he likes Legos, and partially because he got to hang out with Dad.  We've also spent a large amount of time (too much) playing Batman Lego on the Wii.  It is highly addictive and I'll leave it at that.

Finally, I was able to watch the second half of the ONU game on my phone as it was streamed live.  It was pretty cool.  ONU won 38-7, for it's second win of the season, and Jeff's former player Michael Ho-Lewis rushed for over 100 yards and his first rushing touchdown.

It's been a nice weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment