Thursday, August 9, 2012

From the Perspective of a Kindergartener (or 2)

Apparently, Kindergarten is really all about Specials (library, music, P.E., art, etc.) and recess.  The first things I hear from the twins are usually concerning one of those items.  Griffin refers to most people as "that guy who..." ex: that guy who had to pull his behavior card.  Cami knows the names of several little girls.  Griffin talks about "The Chaser", a boy who chases kids at recess.  I asked Griffin why he was being chased, and he answered, "I said, 'Well, well, well, what do we have here' to him, and he chased me."  As of yesterday, the Chaser had kicked Griffin, gotten threatened with loss of recess, and has joined the "good team" according to Griffin.  Griffin now counts him as a friend, to which I cautioned, "If he starts to get in trouble, don't hang around him."  Griffin sang in music class and was given a small award thanking him for performing.  Cami just likes school.  If only they would tell me what they are learning.  Or maybe they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment